Wednesday, March 07, 2007

eggs still life.....WIP....Oil








I'm trying to achieve a little more discipline in my work... I'm finding this really quite interesting; painting something as it is rather than how you choose to see it.. A different way of looking if you will.


I tried this is my last oil (turkish coffee) and was quite pleased with the result.



I also did a bit of an underpainting in both.


This piece is along way from being finished but i'm quite happy with how it's coming along.

It's also larger and a more elaborate than my spot pieces of late. I literally wandered the house room to room last night looking for something to wet my painting appetite & ended up throwing this set together.

Some of my very favorite paintngs are of simple still lifes... cezanne's "La pain et les oeufs- Bread & eggs " -one of his earlier works- is on top.


- (9*12 inch) Oil.
-click on image for a better viewing.



No comments: